It’s very simple. If you’re writing, you should be reading. The two go hand in hand. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been writing, you never stop learning. Not only is it important to read about writing, it’s vital to educate yourself about the market if you plan to publish. We hope you enjoy my mixture of recommendations; books that really helped me get to where I am. If you’re serious about your craft then do yourself a favour and check them out.
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
- Stein On Writing by Sol Stein
- Story Engineering
- The Art of Character: Creating Memorable Characters by David Corbett
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E. B. White
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
- Write a Great Synopsis – An Expert Guide
- Self-Printed by Catherine Ryan Howard
- Business For Authors by Joanna Penn
Do you have any recommendations to make? We’d love to hear from you. Comments are very welcome and we respond to every one.