I’m thrilled to announce that the first in the DC Knight series, Don’t Turn Around, is to be made into an audio book.
My fantastic publishers Bookouture confirmed that it will be narrated by Emma Newman and produced by Audio Factory. I’m thrilled Emma was chosen for this role as she has the perfect voice for Jennifer, and is a brilliant story teller.
So why do I think all authors should have an audio book?
- The market for audio books is turning out to be a billion dollar industry, with growing demand.
- There are over 200,000 books on Audible, but compare that to the millions of books on Amazon, and you’ve got a much better chance of being found.
- Technology is developing for the audio book world. Smart phones are making it easier than ever to download free apps to listen to audio books. Cars are being made with the technology to easily search for and play your favourite books.
- It makes you more visible and compliments your titles. Amazon’s whisper sync offers readers a chance to purchase your book in various formats at a discounted price.
- They are incredibly easy to make. Thanks to ACX.com It’s now easier than ever to find the right people to produce your book. If you sign for a royalty share, you don’t even have to pay up front.
- Not everyone reads. Some people prefer audio books out of choice, others through disability. Why should you deprive people of your books because they don’t have the ability to read it?